Good morning, everyone!
Hope everyone slept well! Let’s start the morning off with a delicious and healthy açai bowl as I had promised in my previous post! After much trial and error myself, I’ve become pretty good at making these little suckers. There’s only a few ingredients that you need and you can get them at your neighborhood whole markets, my general favorite for all my ingredients is Mother’s Market located in Brea, CA.
Here’s the list of items you’ll need:
1/4 Cup of Apple Juice/Orange Juice/Coconut Water/Almond Milk/Coconut Milk
6 Frozen Strawberries
1/4 Frozen Banana
1 Pitaya or Açai Packet
2 Handful of Granola
1 Handful of Shredded Coconut*
2 Sliced Strawberries*
1 Sliced Banana*
The first item on the list is interchangeable, I try and use coconut water or apple juice as I find the flavor to come out the best with either of those two. Not a huge fan of orange juice. If you choose to use almond or coconut milk just keep in mind the bowl will be creamier. The last three items are optional, you can use anything as toppings. My personal favorites are: strawberries, bananas, blueberries, raspberries, and chia/basil seeds. I’ve also tried blackberries, kiwis, and tangerines, they’re good but not the best in my opinion. Something about the flavor and texture profile of them didn’t quite complement the bowls.
1. Pour the liquid base in (a little bit over 1/4 is fine, don’t reach 1/2 cup)
2. Place the açai or pitaya packet in (try and break it into smaller pieces, easier to blend)
3. Throw in the frozen bananas and strawberries (make sure these are always frozen)
4. Blend until completely smooth and no chunks are left, should be like a thick ice cream
5. Prep bowl with a thin layer of granola
6. Place the açai/pitaya blend in, smooth out with spoon
7. Another handful of granola
8. Add toppings
Not much of a reader? I’ve also made a short video here to show you the simple açai/pitaya recipe!